05 July 2012

Lavender & Rose: Plobsheim, France


One of my favourite things to do in Plobsheim was to aimlessly walk around the small village while taking in its subtle beauty.  I really couldn't get enough of the window shutters and flower gardens.  I felt like a creep pointing my camera lens at people's windows.  It made me a little nervous but I couldn't help myself so I did it anyway.  As I walked around, I also couldn't help but draw similarities to the Japanese aesthetic I experienced travelling in Japan.  Japanese people have this beautiful flowing organic way about potted plants and gardens and I see the French have their own flare for this kind of simple beauty.  Even the houses had a calm, tidy design to them.  However, the pink house was a little too flamingo-esque for my taste. 


No comments: