21 January 2012

A Serious Case...


...of homesickness for Hong Kong.  It's been Over five years since I moved away from this vibrating city and I still miss it.  I finally returned in 2010 with a four day layover from Japan to Vancouver.  This was my big chance to put an end to that chapter in my life, to find some closer to a city that I found myself doing a lot of thinking and soul searching.  I wandered the streets and explored the districts like a pale ghost floating through a pulsating stream of people and traffic for a year and a half.  My life was in complete limbo in this city.  Yet, it has become a big part of me and feels so much like home.  When ever I hear some one even mention the name 'Hong Kong' my heart yearns to be back there.  Since my stop over, I have had more closure and think about this city less and less.  I've even felt little desire to return.  But it all came flooding back yesterday as the Chinese New Year celebrations are about to start.  The year of the Dragon.  That was the year I arrived in Hong Kong in 2005.  I have come full circle.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

i love that 5th photo juli!