06 January 2012

Closet Inspiration

I can be really moved by certain colours and textures which almost makes me a hopeless case in a fabric store.  I have to resist my inner desire to buy a whole bolt of fabric just because I love it so much even if I have no specific plan for it.   The right colours with the right textures can alter a person's perception of them selves, of others, and of life its self.  I find inspiration in textiles which presents a mood or an idea to me.

On a personal note, I try to keep my closet paired down with a small selection of items and a few colour schemes to keep things simple.  I've seen my closet a million times.  It changes slightly from year to year as I refine my perception of colour and texture but I see it day in and day out.  Nothing unusual there.  One day I left the closet door open and happened to walk by it.  Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed how lovely all the colours and textures looked next to each other.  It urged me to take a photo, to capture the mood of my closet.  You just never know what is going to inspire you...

1 comment:

John said...

Hi! You are my daughter, I've always loved textures and colors,too! Nice closet picture. Mom.