13 April 2011

The Daffodil Thief


Little B has been the sweetest little boy when it comes to flowers.  He has been thoughtfully picking other people's daffodils and giving them to me.  What can a mother do?  I love them and have been finding little glass vases to put them in.  I do my best to let him know that picking other people's flowers isn't right but it is a hard concept for him to grasp.  He just knows that his mama loves flowers.  So adorable.  He usually gives me a big hug when he gives them to me too.  



One day we happened to be in a bank sorting out our mortgage details when a big bundle of unopened sickly looking daffodils were dropped off at the banker's desk.  She noticed Banyan's interest and immediately handed us two bunches to take with us.  I didn't think they would amount to much because the looked pitiful.  Banyan and I took turns carrying them and waving them around for the next few.  The eventually ended up in a grocery bag by the time we got home.  I cut the ends off and stuck them in a vase not expecting them to turn into such a beautiful bunch of flowers!  Banyan and I ate all our meals together looking at them and talking about them.  They really cheered up the new place which is still full of boxes!  I was sad to see them withered and droopy this morning realizing their time had come to an end.  Such is life.

2 comments:

ben+alex said...

haha that is so cute. i love daffodils too.
happy i found your blog.
new follower.

xo
ben-and-alex.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

daffodils are one of my favorite flowers!
landon is like banyan, he steals flowers off of campus and then brings them home for me too :)