13 March 2011

Strawberry Heaven

 I'm making more of an effort with my food photography!

I try to buy local and organic when ever possible but the selection gets pretty slim during those long winter months...
I know it's too soon for strawberry season but I couldn't resist buying these organic beauties.  The vibrant red and summer sweet taste really brightens up my muesli in the mornings.  It's enough to get me through those depressing rainy days that never seem to end.  



Little B wanted in on the action and decided to cut up a dish of strawberries all by himself.  I was really impressed with the great job he did handling the knife.  Usually what ever he cuts up becomes completely destroyed. 
(note: the band-aid on his finger is from a cost-co incident and not from using a knife!)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, you are brave! I don't even trust Maya with a sharp knife yet, and she is almost 8! I guess I should let her try now and then...

Those strawberries look fabulous!!

nathaliedelakim said...

Delicious!!!! Really beautiful photos too. You're a real talent Juli!

J Kozak said...

It's not very often that he gets to use a sharp knife. It usually gets replaced quickly with a plastic ikea knife. He just had a moment of responsible cutting.