01 November 2010

For the love of Chick Hicks


Since I grew up never having a store bought costume, I feel like it's a crime to buy one.  That would be too easy for me.  Instead, I stress and freak out when Halloween is just around the corner realizing I haven't  made my son's costume yet.  This year, however, I started planning in September.  I asked my son what he wanted to be and instantly he said Chick Hicks.  Not an easy thing to do, turning a little boy into a car.  But I sketched it out, found supplies and got to work.  I did a little here and there to pace myself.  I didn't stress once and actually really enjoyed the process.

I put it on my son to find out he didn't like wearing it.  I had to laugh. He took it to two Halloween parties and finally put it on after the second party was over.  I know he loved it, but he is kind of funny about wearing things.  It's hard enough keeping him dressed period!

1 comment:

kristinmh said...

Would you consider selling this costume? My 5-year-old is asking to be Chick Hicks for Halloween and I'm not quite sure how to make that happen.